As my quest to find my perfect holy grail foundation is still on, I stumbled upon the L’Oreal True Match Foundation.
I need a moisturizer that will keep looking dewy/ moisturized and cute 24×7! 💁🏽
I’ve notice that around this time of the year I could definitely skip on setting powder, because no matter how less of it I use I end up getting flaky skin!
So, did True Match fit my needs? Let’s break it down shall we?
- Light weight! I forgot I had my foundation on!
Even if you are someone who isn’t into wearing makeup on regular basis- you’ll find this lightweight and breathable!
- Medium coverage!
- Definitely build-able and NOT cake-y when layered
- Does not oxidise on my skin!
- Works great with a blender or a brush ( I prefer using it with a brush)
- BLEND-ABILITY IS HEAVENLY!
- Dewy, skin like finish
- Variety of shades!
This would honestly become a holy grail foundation for someone with dry skin to normal. People with oily skin, not so much. WHY? Because you will get shiny in a matter of a few hours and it doesn’t hold well on your skin type!
This is the best foundation for winter if you’re looking for something moisturizing one!
- NOT cruelty free!
- Use a primer to extend the longevity, using a mositurising primer extends my wear time else it wears off half way through the day!
- What I’ve also noticed is that when I use this foundation without a primer I break out by the end of the day. But, that’s something that affects my skin and I need to figure out which ingredient does that to me. Just thought I’d put it out there though!
- Has a mild fragrance
- If you have problematic skin and your looking for something as intense as the Kat Von D Lock it or Estee Lauder Double Wear, this isn’t the one for you. This would work for people who have marks ( from previous acne) on their skin and would cover it great.
I don’t usually reach for this foundation on my special occasions because it isn’t golden enough for me but, rather on regular basis. So, I would term this foundation as my everyday Holy Grail, only because of how light it feels on my skin.
I’m an NC42 in MAC & 153 in Makeup Forever HD, I use the shade W7 in the True Match & it is the perfect shade but not as yellow / golden as I’d like it to be, it doesn’t brighten up my skin the way my holy grail Makeup Forever HD does!
I’m gonna try W6!
I hope this review helped you guys!
Shots by: Eric Samuel
Love love love & more love
Avec Amour, Ranita♥