I’ve always been fascinated with how make-up has changed from various era’s & countries!
The drastic amount we’ve progressed is something really to admire & look upon!
Alright so, since I’m a 90’s baby & although I was just a little kid back then I know I’d always been fascinated by the ice cold crystal blue eyeshadow I’d seen Britney Spear’s sport back then or Rachel Green’s signature lip & hair from F.R.I.E.N.D.S !
So I’ve decided to sport the 90’s look till I find my interest! Altering few of the looks back then to make it more appropriate for our present time!
As far as I’m concerned, I’ve noticed about 3 different looks during the 90’s, they were
- The Grunge Look
- The Icey Blue Eyeshadow
- The Shimmery Gold/Neutrals
I’ll tell you what was in during the 90’s era:
- Skinny brows ( Basically, over plucked to the point where there was no rescue)
- Matte earthy toned eyeshadows
- Neutral kohls (Blacks, Grays, Browns)
- Foundation was a shade lighter than your skin tone for your grunge looks & your normal shade for the other two but it was def matte
- Neutral shimmers or just a metallic blue eyeshadow (for an edgy look)
- No lashes (falsies)
- Muted Browns, a solid Burgundy or Wine lip!
- Matte finish to your skin!
- Fashion accessory: A choker!
Alls you need to rock my take on the 90’s look are:
- A matte earthy tone eyeshadow / grays / blacks
- A kohl/ kajal you must be able to smudge the shiz outta!
- A wine/brown/neutral brown tone nude lipsticks
- Muted blush tone ( a very natural shade)
This is just one of the three looks that I’m recreating, I’ll probably do another blog post recreating the others!
- Find a matte brown/gray eyeshadow and apply this to your crease! This will be your transition shade
- Using a matte eyeshadow that’s one shade darker than your transition shade, apply this on your eyelids!
- Get an even transition between the two shades & make sure you blend to perfection!
- Blending is key!
- Using a kohl, similar shade range to your eyeshadow!
- Draw a well defined line on your upper lashline & don’t be afraid to drag it to your lower lashline & your water line!
- Smudge this baby out until it looks like makeup after a bad hangover!
- Use a good volumizing mascara & thicken your lashes up!
- For your face, the traditional method would be to go one shade lighter than your regular skin tone, but I prefer using my shade foundation with a highlighting concealer to do the job!
- Please do what you think is best!
- Apply the most sheer/ lightest blush you can find MATTE of course!
- I’m using a brown liner to line my lips & topping it off w a matte brown lip!
Pair this w a choker & you’ll rock this sassy grunge look just right!
Yes, I am going to be rocking this look for the month of February & I hope you will too!
Here’s a picture of my look!
Avec Amour, Ranita♥