I have here a simple yet elegant look for you to try out!
I’ve collaborated with one of my favorite fashion blogger the gorgeous Varna from Musing On A Hanger!
You’ve def got yourself a treat cause you have here a makeup as well as an outfit!
This look is my little twist on a classic look, you can sport this either for a daytime or nighttime event!
Keeping in mind that 2016 is the year of dewy and healthy looking skin I’ve maintained a dewy finish to Varna’s skin!
- I started off her skin by wiping off any excess dirt w a wet wipe & then applied a moisturiser!
- Using Colorbar’s Primer, I dabbed it on to the areas she tends to get oily i.e. her T-zone
- Then, using MAC’s Strobe Cream I used this on the high points of her face
- Using Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless 310 , I applied this with a damp beauty blender! (Using the strobe cream helped maintain a dewy finish!)
- Using the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 20, I used this as a highlighting concealer (Since her skin is flawless as it is, she didn’t need a concealer for any blemish)
- I then set everything in place with the MAC Prep + Prime CC powder (loose, yellow)
- Since she has less eyelid space to work with, I used a matte brown shadow a little above her natural crease to give an illusion of more eyelid space
- Then using the My Studio West Pure Passion Collection in Daytime Neutrals & I mixed the two lightest shades and placed this on the center of the eyelids to the inner corners of her eyes
- Using MAC Smolder Eye Kohl, I drew a line on her upper lash line & smeared it with a pencil brush! This gives us a soft smoky eye w an illusion of thicker lashes!
- Using a Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara i.e. MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash + MAC Extended Play only on her upper lashes to give us a clean look!
- Followed this up by highlighting her inner corners with The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Aka The Luminizer Shimmer Highlighter
- Varna has beautiful brows that are naturally shaped all I had to do was fill in the sparse areas! So using Maybelline Fashion Brow in Brown, I mimicked some brow hairs!
- Finally, sprayed some MAC Prep & Prime – Fix Plus to intensify her highlight!
- I further then highlighted the high-points of Varna’s face with a powder highlighter from above ( Used in the inner corner) This further intensified the strobe creams effect!
- I carved out some cheekbones but it was not a super heavy contour because I wanted the lips & the highlight to be the center of attention!
- I then used MAC’S BLUSH – Dessert Rose ( A mauve toned muted pink blush) on the apples of her cheeks to complete the face!
- I wanted to then enhance the look of her beautiful outfit further more so I used beautiful Ox blood lipstick on her lips
- For this look I used two lipsticks!
- Firstly, I lined her lips with a muted mauve liner (Essence Cosmetics – Soft berry)
- I used Inglot’s Matte Lipstick Collection – 412 as her base
- Finally, with a firm hand using the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen, I filled in the whole lip!
- For that ethereal glow, I bronzed up her legs with The Body Shop’s Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder!
What an exquisite outfit it is, isn’t it?
Go to VARNA’S BLOG ASAP for more details & show my baby girl some love!
I’ve included a few images of this Diva here, I’ve learned so much from her blog & I know you will too!
There you have it, follow these few steps to achieve this glam look & you’ll be grabbing everyone’s attention as you walk down any room, alley or anywhere!
Hope this inspired you..
Avec Amour, Ranita♥