I’ve major creasing problems & I’ve heard so much about the MAC paint pots, so it’s quite obvious that I was gonna buy one!
So, here are my thoughts about these paint pots & if they’re worth your money & time
Firstly, what are paint pots?
These are cream colored bases available in a variety of shades to help as an eyeshadow primer to punctuate the intensity of your eyeshadow, prevent creasing , remove discoloration or can be used in its own to create subtle/intense looks!
My budget this time allowed me to purchase just one paint pot, so i purchased the shade – CONSTRICTIVIST!
I’ll tell you why I picked this beautiful shade out as my first, being one of those ladies who love neutrals for my everyday wear I thought this would be perfect shade for an every day subtle smokey eye and with a little bit of shimmer !
And I love me a good smokey eye in any form!
So, this year I’ve decided to start of my looks with a lot of nudes.
This paint pot is supposed to help you by preventing creasing on your eyelids!
If you’ve got flakey eyelids, you might not like this product!
- Use it just as a cream eyeshadow for an everyday subtle look!
- Use it as an eyeshadow base to enhance the similar color eyeshadow you would use on top ( What this does is: it prevents creasing, it enhances your eyeshadow color & it counteracts any darkness on your eye so your eye lids become opaque & therefore color looks more true!)
- I sometimes get away with using this as a get liner (I add Inglot – Duraline to create a more gel like consistency for ease of use)
There are so many more colors to try out if you don’t like this shimmery brown shade there are shimmers & mattes available:
If you like more gold tones :
• Indianwood (shimmer)
If you like more plum tones:
- Hyper Violet ( Matte)
- Imaginary ( Shimmer)
If you like more matte flesh tones:
- Soft Ochre ( Matte, good for extremely fair skin )
- Painterly (Matte, Wheatish skin tones)
If you like more burgundy/ burnt copper tones :
- Idyllic (Shimmer)
If you like more greenish tinges tones :
- Genuine Treasure ( Shimmer)
If you like more brown tones :
- Quite Natural (Matte)
- Constructivist (Shimmer)
If you like more neutral tones :
If you like a black shimmer base:
- Black Ground
If you like a blue/Aqua tone:
If you like a Matte pink tone:
- Girls friendly
If you like more shimmery highlights :
- Bare Study
If you like peachy gold shimmers:
These are few of the colors that I’ve mentioned, so do head over to the store to see some more shades!
They retail for ₹1850/-, 5gms
Personally, these last for a very long time & are well worth the money!
I hope this helped you guys even a little! I recommend these over eyeshadows cause they are so easy to work with!
Avec Amour, Ranita♥