I’m always on the lookout for a new base product that can wow me away. NYX Cosmetics was kind enough to send a couple of new products among which I received the HD Studio Photogenic Foundation. So, did this foundation make it to my favourites? Read down below!
Please note that what may work for me may not work for you or vice versa.
My skin type:
For a clearer understanding of how the foundation would perform on you, it’s better to know my skin type.
I have normal skin around the perimeters of my face, my T-zone gets shiny & I have dry skin under my eye area, I cannot layer too much powder under my eyes as it gets too dry and cracks up!
I suffer from hormonal acne and my skin is sensitive, so if something clogs my pores I tend to break out!
Finding a foundation that caters to all my needs can be a bit challenging.
Note: If a product has Dimethicone as its first or second ingredient, I tend to break out from it!
What this HD Photogenic Foundation claims to do:
Flawless-looking skin is no longer just for celebrities and models! Now available in 20 blendable shades, our HD Studio Photogenic Foundation uses light-diffusing technology to enhance the appearance of silky-smooth skin. Achieve a picture-perfect look anytime you’re in the spotlight.
Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Kaolin, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrated Silica, Copper Tripeptide-1, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7, Amodimethicone, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).
I’m going to split my views in terms of points for ease of understanding.
- This packaging is that of what you’d find your BB or CC cream in! There’s no pump, it’s a squeeze tube, you may tend to put out extra product if you don’t squeeze the tube gently.
- The foundation provides medium coverage, it doesn’t hide my scars completely, you’ll need to go over with concealer if you have a ton of marks on your skin, like myself.
- I love the feel of this foundation, it’s so lightweight and it feels like I have nothing on, it’s so comfortable!
- The foundation leaves you with a dewy finish, you have a noticeable sheen left on your face!
- Blends beautifully either with a dense brush or a beauty blender! A beauty blender would give you sheer coverage.
- Despite any skin type, I recommend setting it with powder. A light dust for those of you with dry skin & pack it on for my oily skin beauties! Although, I do not recommend this product for those of you who fall under the oily skin category.
- The foundation does transfer, it transferred onto my screen after a phone call, it also stained a sheet of paper after I touched my face and then the paper despite using a primer or not.
- It works great on my skin when I use it in conjunction with the Nivea After Shave Balm as my Primer. This is a great combination for the normal to dry skin family!
- On my skin it lasts for 8 hours easily, it does not cling to dry patches or separate. At the end of the day, it does get shiny on me, but it looks like a natural glow rather than an oil spill – and that’s why I don’t recommend this for those of you with an oily skin because you would be shiny after 3-4 hours. If you don’t mind retouching your makeup every other hour, you should go with this.
- For those of you with oily skin, if you have a great Anti Shine Primer , you should pair that up with this. It definitely extends the wear of the foundation and prevents Shine. I used the NYX Studio Perfect Primer (its contains Dimethicone, helps control Shine and fills in pores) and it worked beautifully, the makeup lasted well without getting shiny near my T-zone.
- I’m also disappointed in the shade range that’s available in India, there are only 5 on Nykaa.
- You get more than your regular amount of foundation, 33.3ml
- This product has no flashback, it looks great in pictures!
- I wish this foundation was a bit cheaper.
- I love this product for everyday wear, it’s so light & comfortable, the only problem is the transferring of the product. But, I’ll try & figure my way around that one.
Would I recommend this product?
If you have dry skin or break out with foundations that have high Silicone in it, I recommend this foundation! It’s beautiful for everyday use and comfortable for acne prone skin like mine!
If you have oily skin and want a dewy finish in your foundation , I’d recommend the NYX Total Control Drop Foundation (another favourite of mine) over this!
This foundation did not disappoint me, however I do hope that NYX would extend the shade range!
I’m an NC 40-42 at MAC Cosmetics and I recommend 103 (Natural, More Pink Undertone) or 104.7 (Warm Beige – More Golden Undertone)
Price: ₹1999/-, 33.3ml
Swatches of the shades I own:
I hope this review helped you, please leave a comment below if I missed out on anything, would love to hear your thoughts!
Ranita S Sheetal
PS: Follow me on social media for more – Instagram: @infinitytimesinfinityblog