What’s up, everyone?
Being the lipstick junkie that I am, I am going to review another lipstick that’s been on the market for years now, 2014 to be precise.
Why have I never reached for this before, you may ask? Because your girl has been obsessed with the strong, bold audaciousness of a potent matte lipstick. Besides, it’s never done me any wrong so why fix what’s not broken?
But my tip of the choice for the last year has been a comfortable lipstick, it can be anything moisturizing, simple to wear, and is even allowed to fade after a good meal really..
Patent Polish is described as: ” a lip color that combines the sheen of a gloss with the precision of a lip pencil.
The highly popular Patentpolish Lip Pencil returns as your go-to magic wand for high-impact lips, with a single swipe imbuing the ultimate high-gloss shine. Enjoy colour in an expanded range of 14 shades. This sleek, all-in-one tool offers the comfort of a balm, the colour and sheen of a gloss and the precision of a lip pencil. With an effortless twist-up applicator, you’ll never have to sharpen.
KEY CLAIMS AND BENEFITS
- Provides instant softness and suppleness
- Smoothes and conditions lips
- Provides instant and long-term hydration”
Ingredients:Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Octyldodecanol, Polyethylene, Squalane, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Synthetic Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Water\Aqua\Eau, Tin Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Alcohol, Flavor (Aroma), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]
- I love the comfort this lipstick provides, it’s so moisturizing
- It has intense pigmentation, so if I want a sheer application I dab it on and spread it from there; for a fuller coverage I glide it on directly
- For obvious reasons, because of its finish, it does not last after a meal
- I finished the lipstick in a span of 2 months with regular use, the quantity you receive is around 2.3 g / 0.08 US oz, .7 g lesser than the regular MAC lipstick
- Since this is something you would easily re-apply, I didn’t like enjoy the fact that it got over so quick
- It has a fainter fragrance compared to the regular MAC lipsticks
- It does feather around you lip if you apply to much and you can look like someone who went overboard with gloss in hopes of trying to overline (not cute)
PS: I just found out they discontinued this product.
So, a good dupe should be the Clinique Almost lipstick, while it does not hydrate as the MAC patent polish, it shares the similar idea!
I hope this helps!