One of my dearest friend, Sheeba picked up two products for me all the way from Canada, (Thank you Sheebss!) she got me the Universal Gloss Bomb & the Universal Blotting Powder. Today’s review is of the Universal Gloss Bomb by Fenty Beauty, so to find out just how much I loved this lipgloss scroll down!
The ultimate, gotta-have-it lip gloss with explosive shine that feels as good as it looks—in one universal rose nude shade.
The stop-everything, give-it-to-me gloss that feels as good as it looks. Gloss Bomb delivers explosive shine in one perfect rose nude shade handpicked by Rihanna herself: Fenty Glow. We’re talking the unicorn of nudes that looks good on everyone.
One luscious swipe of Gloss Bomb’s XXL wand gives lips more to love, while conditioning shea butter enriches from within. Lips look instantly fuller, with a non-sticky formula that’s super shiny and has an addictive peach-vanilla scent you just can’t get enough of.
Drench lips in the Fenty Glow—it’s the ultimate finishing touch to every look.
Fenty Beauty is 100% cruelty free
POLYBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, TRICAPRYLIN, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA/MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE, POLYETHYLENE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, MICA, SORBITAN OLEATE, SILICA, OCTYLDODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER UNSAPONIFIABLES, AROMA/FLAVOR, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, TRIBEHENIN, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, LACTIC ACID, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, TIN OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77499), BENZYL BENZOATE, LIMONENE.
The Universal Gloss Bomb by Fenty Beauty has a 5 Star Review on the website, so it’s pretty evident as to why I had such extremely high expectations from it. The claims such as, ‘Universal’ & ‘ Rose Nude’ drew me even more because that’s something I’m currently digging at the moment!
I’m going to break it down into the usual points below..
- Love the Packaging, very chic & appealing to the human eye – in my humble opinion.
- The shade, hmm. Where do I begin? I don’t hate it.. but, it’s not a rose nude. It looks more like a clear gloss to me with hints of glitter.
- As a note, I’d like to mention that I do have pigmented lips and using a clear gloss makes me uncomfortable especially with the chunks of glitter peeking through.
- What I can guarantee is that this shade isn’t something unique or brand new, I’ve definitely seen this gloss anywhere & everywhere , just not labelled as – universal.
- This gloss would be better for someone with pink lips or even toned lips. So, it did not flatter my lips.
- Now with the shade sorted, let me address the fragrance and quality.
- The fragrance has a very sweet note to it, it’s evident upon application and fades after a few minutes. The smell was pleasant to me & didn’t bother me.
- The lasting power of this gloss was that of any other gloss. It’s super nourishing!
- It wasn’t sticky and is very comfortable on the lips!
- It works well as a clear gloss over any lipstick and does not change the colour for me.
- Love the huge doe foot applicator, one swipe can cover your entire lip & still be too much product.
- I don’t think this product is worth the price or hype, simply because it didn’t live upto my expectations for me.